Achieve a modern cloud experience in on-premises environments with elastic compute capacity in a pay-per-use model
If you prefer to view this blog as a pdf, click here.
Compute in the cloud is agile, scalable, and cost-effective. Lines of business and developers don’t have to wait for servers or storage infrastructure to be procured, assembled, configured, and added to the network. It’s simply available on-demand so they can get to work and innovate, with few concerns about over- or under-provisioning.
CIOs want to bring those benefits to their on-premises environments, since 70 percent of apps are still outside the public cloud1 — for reasons around security, governance, compliance, entanglement issues, data gravity, and more.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise now makes it possible to achieve the same cloud-like experience with infrastructure in your edge locations, co-location facilities, and data centers, with HPE GreenLake.
Get the compute infrastructure you need delivered to your location in as little as 14 days with HPE GreenLake. Power any workload—such as mission-critical apps, back-office operations, or DevOps environments—with infrastructure that meets your business requirements. Plus, it’s managed for you, which reduces complexity for IT staff.
Avoid up-front capital costs—you only pay for the capacity actually consumed above a reserve. In addition, HPE GreenLake installs a buffer, enabling lines of business and developers to scale resources on-demand on a pay-per-use basis.
By using HPE GreenLake for on-premises compute needs, companies can finally achieve benefits—scalability, cost efficiencies, agility, speed, and reduced complexity—once associated only with the public cloud.
“IDC research shows that customer adoption of flexible consumption-based models is increasing because of the agility, transparency, and simplicity of these offers.”2
– Susan G. Middleton, Research Director, Flexible Consumption and Financing Strategies for IT Infrastructure at IDC.
Compute Delivered Your Way
No matter your compute needs, HPE GreenLake can help you power any workload. Get infrastructure in as little as 14 days, on a pay-as-you-go model.
- Power software-defined environments with workload-specific composable infrastructure using HPE Synergy
- Empower IT to easily manage, assemble, and scale on-premises resources on demand Use cases include virtual, containerized, hybrid cloud, and DevOps environments.
- Obtain industry-standard, trusted, and reliable performance with HPE ProLiant or HPE Apollo servers for general compute needs
- Simplify IT with software-defined compute that is automated and ready to plug-and-play Use cases include back-office applications, a foundation for hybrid clouds, backup and archive, most common applications.
- Balance data-intensive storage and compute with HPE ProLiant or HPE Apollo servers
- Increase IT productivity with high-performance infrastructure that is integrated and easily serviceable Use cases include Big Data analytics, software-defined storage, backup, archive and data-intensive storage workloads.
Get Modern Cloud experience with Powerful Compute Resources
HPE deploys powerful, intelligent compute infrastructure that is designed for the needs of your business applications. Whether you require general-purpose, data-intensive storage, software-defined infrastructure, or a mix, the resources are easy to order and set up. And with HPE GreenLake, you only pay for capacity used above a reserve. It’s the modern cloud experience in your on-premises environment.
Reduce IT complexity with integrated HPE Synergy, HPE ProLiant, and HPE Apollo solutions that are purpose-built for performance.
Get to work faster with infrastructure delivery in as little as 14 days, with no manual assembly for IT teams.
Provide security and control
Help optimize workloads with servers and systems that have built-in security, while retaining on-premises control and governance.
Offload the heavy lifting of managing your infrastructure with HPE GreenLake for installation, implementation, maintenance, and management.
Avoid up-front capital expenditures, while enabling elastic capacity on a pay-per-use basis to support business demand, with complete transparency of costs and usage.
2 IDC’s Worldwide Consumption-Based IT Infrastructure Taxonomy, 2020
3 The Total Economic Impact™ Of HPE GreenLake, a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting, June 2020
4 IDC white paper, sponsored by HPE, The Business Value of HPE GreenLake Management Services, January 2020