With a more mobile workforce than ever before, users need technology with portability and connectivity features that don’t sacrifice performance. Dell’s purposeful innovation within their Latitude line of Laptops and 2-in-2s truly transform the PC experience with the intelligence, power, and productivity that users demand.
Below are six outstanding new innovations within the Dell Latitude family of products. After surveying Dell customers, they’ve packed their products with further innovations to take mobile computing to new heights. Take a look:
1. Built-in AI and machine learning software
A new era of smart systems has begun. Dell Optimizer is the only built-in AI and machine learning software that responds to the way you work.
- Get to work faster with ExpressSign-in, the first PC proximity sensor enabled by Intel® Context Sensing Technology. It auto wakes and logs in via the IR camera + Windows Hello; it locks when you walk away, increasing security and preserving battery life.
- ExpressResponse enhances the performance of selected applications from 4% to 35%. Built-in AI and Intel® Adaptix™ Technology work to improve favorite apps seamlessly in the background. Check performance gains in the interface to see how it improves your work.
- Intelligent audio lets you hear and be heard better on calls, reducing echoes and background noise, even when walking around.
- Eliminate the stress of low battery. Dell Optimizer analyzes your habits to improve battery utilization. It can extend run time up to 13% by regulating screen brightness, keyboard lights, Bluetooth and more. It knows if you need to plug in for a quick ExpressCharge Boost providing 35% charge in about 20 minutes or up to 80% in an hour with ExpressCharge.
2. Stay Connected Anywhere
- Latitude devices power on just by opening the lid. Modern standby keeps Wi-Fi running in the background, so you’re back to work quickly upon waking.
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) delivers nearly 3x faster speeds for PCs and wireless networks.
- 4G LTE and mobile broadband are offered throughout the portfolio. Latitude 9510 is designed for 5G LTE. The 5G antennas are deftly housed within the speakers so there’s no compromise on being small and having the best connection. Dell’s 5G option can provide up to 300% improvement over 4G.
- Dell offers up to 10th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro® processors, with Athena-veri cation on 9000 and 7000 products9 which provides performance, manageability, built-in security and stability of the Intel® vPro® Platform.
- Dell “Smart ADAPT” antennas are always aware, always adapting based on whether in laptop or other use modes. They provide a stronger signal, ensuring users stay connected and run at the peak performance needed for modern workloads and remote working.
- New eSIM technology automatically connects to mobile carriers while traveling without having to switch SIM cards. A backup SIM slot is also available.
3. PC as a Speakerphone
- For up-leveled conferencing and collaboration, the Latitude 9510 has a built-in speakerphone.
- For the first time ever, Dell has packed a powerful amp into this PC to improve low range vocals, thereby reducing distortion and echoes.
- High-quality top ring speakers make calls clearer and louder.
- A quartet of microphones, and Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) network prioritization allow users to be heard with real life clarity.
- Waves Maxx® Audio finely tunes for an in-person conference experience.
4. Displays for Productivity and Privacy
- Introducing industry’s first 4K panel with integrated Low Blue Light on a premium business PC11 on Latitude 7410. Get 4K clarity along with TÜV Rheinland® Low Blue Light certification to help with eye comfort and productivity. Over 8 million pixels and 400 nits brightness helps users see extremely fine details and view more on the same size screen.
- As privacy becomes increasingly important, Latitude’s camera shutter can protect your surroundings and IP.
- Dell’s SafeScreen offers built-in protection with the touch of the F9 key. The innovative backlight solution preserves battery life and maintains color and contrast ratio, so you can see your work while others can’t. In a HotTech study, their SafeScreen on 7400 was found to offer 36% longer battery run time vs. Lenovo T490s and 30% longer run time vs. HP EliteBook 840 G6. See full report.
- Plug in less with a Dell-pioneered super low power panel that’s 50% more efficient than a standard FHD panel, without compromising resolution, color, or brightness.
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX on the 9510 and Dell’s detachables provides up to 15X more scratch resistance and is 2X less susceptible to cracks than Gorilla® Glass 5.
5. Advanced Thermal Solutions to Keep Your PC Cool While You Work Hard
- IT can now manage thermals within the BIOS. It’s not tied to software, which saves on storage size, and allows IT to focus on other critical tasks.
- Intel Mobility Boost® automatically detects CPU workload to optimize and provide maximum performance while improving battery run time.
- The Latitude 9410 utilizes Gore™ aerogel, the same material used in NASA’s stardust probe to insulate the thinnest spaces.
- Dell uses liquid crystal polymer fans, the same type of material used in bullet-proof vests to maximize airflow, and metal injection molded fans provide extreme cooling on the 9410.
- The boundaries of system performance are pushed to the max with advanced dual heat pipes to further cool & quiet. On their 2-in-1s, adaptive thermal response intelligently detects micro shifts and adapts to the user’s style (tent, laptop, tablet or closed) so systems stay cooler when needed.
- Dell’s systems are getting thinner and more powerful, which creates more heat. They’ve prioritized cooling these small yet mighty machines.
6. Industry's Most Sustainable Commercial PC Portfolio
- Across new Latitude 9000, 7000, 5000 products, waterborne paint is used on 100% of painted parts; ocean-bound plastic (25%) and HDPE recycled plastic (75%) comprise Dell’s packaging trays.
- New 9000, 7000, and 5000 Series also attain EPEAT Gold registration. And the Latitude 3000 Series are EPEAT Silver registered.
Meet the Dell Latitude Family