Organizations face multiple challenges, including cyber threats, diverse cloud-native applications, and limited resources. This complexity drives the need for solutions that allow organizations to achieve more with less. Backup solutions must now do more than provide backup access and restore capabilities. They must also protect cloud-native applications, allow self-service backups and restores, and improve business resiliency against cyber incidents. To meet these demands, Dell Technologies offers a simplified experience for modern data protection, giving organizations the confidence that their data is secure and available when needed.
Achieve next-generation multi-cloud data protection with Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance
The Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance is a modern data protection solution designed to simplify the process of protecting data across multicloud environments. This all-in-one solution provides comprehensive data protection features, including backup, replication, and disaster recovery. The appliance is based on proven enterprise-level technologies that have made Dell Technologies the #1 market leader in data protection appliances and software1.
Dell PowerProtect Data Manager’s Cybersecurity Features
Dell PowerProtect Data Manager offers advanced cybersecurity features to help protect data from modern cyber threats. Some of the key cybersecurity features of the solution include:
- Built-in ransomware detection and recovery: The PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance includes a built-in ransomware detection engine that can detect and stop ransomware attacks in real-time. The solution also offers quick and easy recovery options to help organizations quickly restore their data in the event of a ransomware attack.
- Encryption for data at rest and in transit: The solution provides encryption for data at rest and in transit, ensuring that data remains secure throughout the backup and recovery process. This helps to prevent data breaches and unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- Role-based access control: PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance provides granular control over who has access to data and backup operations. Role-based access control ensures that only authorized personnel have access to data and can perform backup and recovery operations.
- Compliance reporting: The solution provides compliance reporting features, enabling organizations to demonstrate compliance with industry and government regulations. This feature helps organizations to remain compliant and avoid costly penalties.
- Secure backup to the cloud: The PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance supports backup to a variety of cloud environments, including private, public, and hybrid clouds. The solution provides secure and reliable backup to the cloud, helping organizations to protect their data from cyber threats and disasters.
What databases can Dell PowerProtect Data Manager protect?
Dell PowerProtect Data Manager can protect a wide range of databases, including both traditional and modern databases. The solution supports both physical and virtual database servers, making it highly flexible and adaptable to a variety of environments. Some of the databases that can be protected with Dell PowerProtect Data Manager include:
- Microsoft SQL and Exchange
- SAP HANA
In addition to these databases, the PowerProtect Data Manager also supports a wide range of applications and workloads, including Kubernetes containers, virtual machines, file systems, and cloud-native applications. The solution is designed to be highly scalable and can protect data across multicloud environments, including private, public, and hybrid clouds.
The appliance is designed to help organizations tackle the challenges of modern data protection, such as the complexity of protecting modern application workloads and sophisticated cyber security threats. With the PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance, organizations can simplify their data protection operations, streamline backup and recovery operations, and reduce complexity. The solution is ideal for organizations that want to ensure business continuity and safeguard against cyber threats while simplifying their data protection operations.
How can Dell PowerProtect Data Manager ensure availability?
Dell PowerProtect Data Manager provides a range of features to ensure the availability of critical data for organizations. These features include comprehensive backup, replication, and disaster recovery capabilities. Let's take a closer look at how these features can ensure data availability:
- Backup and replication: PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance supports backup and replication of a wide range of applications, databases, and virtual machines. It can perform full, incremental, and differential backups and supports both local and remote replication. The solution also provides flexible backup scheduling options, enabling organizations to backup their data according to their business needs.
- Disaster recovery: The solution offers comprehensive disaster recovery features, enabling organizations to quickly recover their data in the event of a disaster. It supports both local and remote disaster recovery, and offers a variety of recovery options, including granular file-level recovery, image-level recovery, and application-level recovery. The solution also provides testing and automation features, allowing organizations to test their disaster recovery plans and automate their recovery processes.
- Snapshot management: PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance provides snapshot management features, enabling organizations to create point-in-time copies of their data for rapid recovery. The solution also offers snapshot retention policies, enabling organizations to manage their snapshots efficiently.
- Cloud-native data protection: The solution offers cloud-native data protection features, enabling organizations to backup and recover data from cloud-native applications. PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance supports backup to a variety of cloud environments, including private, public, and hybrid clouds.
- Self-service backups and restores: PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance offers self-service backup and restore capabilities, enabling users to backup and restore their data without IT intervention. This feature helps to reduce IT workload and enables end-users to quickly recover from data loss.
In conclusion, organizations today face a multitude of challenges when it comes to protecting their critical data, including diverse cloud-native applications, cyber threats, and limited resources. To address these challenges, Dell Technologies offers the Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance, a modern data protection solution that simplifies the process of protecting data across multicloud environments. This comprehensive solution provides backup, replication, and disaster recovery capabilities to ensure data availability, and also offers advanced cybersecurity features such as built-in ransomware detection and recovery, encryption, and role-based access control.
Furthermore, the Dell PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance supports a wide range of databases, applications, and workloads, making it highly adaptable to different environments. With the solution's features for disaster recovery, snapshot management, cloud-native data protection, and self-service backups and restores, organizations can simplify their data protection operations and reduce complexity. The PowerProtect Data Manager Appliance is an ideal solution for organizations looking to ensure business continuity and safeguard against cyber threats while simplifying their data protection operations.
To learn more about Dell PowerProtect Data Manager, attend VLCM 2023 IT eXchange Trade Show and Conference on March 22 at Mountain America Expo Center in Sandy, UT! Dell Technologies will be hosting a Breakout Session about the Appliance at 10:00 a.m. in Room 300C. To learn more about IT eXchange and register (it's free, thanks to our sponsoring vendors like Dell!), please visit www.vlcm.com/itx.
1 Based on combined revenue from the IDC 3Q20 Purpose-Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) Tracker, with select Storage Software segments from the 3Q20 Storage Software and Cloud Services Qview.