"As hybrid cloud becomes the deployment architecture of choice, and cyber security threats become pervasive, the need to robustly provide backup and replication is crucial to enterprises. Veeam has been a market leader in this space and the new Veeam Data Platform launch demonstrates the company's commitment to innovation.” – Steven Dickens, Senior Analyst, Futurum Research
Veeam Software, the leader in Modern Data Protection, recently announced the release of the NEW Veeam Data Platform. The platform offers advanced data security, recovery, and hybrid cloud capabilities in one solution. It brings together the latest features from Veeam into a single platform that offers three enterprise-grade editions for protecting Cloud, Virtual, Physical, SaaS, and Kubernetes applications across complex and expanding IT environments.
The Veeam Data Platform provides the three key requirements to keep a business running: data security, data recovery, and data freedom to backup and use data from anywhere without platform or cloud lock-in. The three enterprise-grade editions include Foundation, Advanced, and Premium. All editions contain Veeam Backup & Replication v12 (VBR) and Instant Recovery. Advanced and Premium editions also deliver advanced resiliency features, including monitoring, analytics, and recovery.
- The Foundation Edition offers the industry's most complete data protection with VBR v12, which adds more than 500 new features and enhancements.
- The Advanced Edition combines VBR with Veeam ONE to give customers deep, intelligent monitoring and observability to identify and resolve any backup or recovery problems before they begin.
- The Premium Edition offers ultimate enterprise Modern Data Protection and recovery capabilities as the premier offering with VBR, ONE, and Veeam Recovery Orchestrator (VRO). Building on the other editions, Premium adds full automation of complex data recovery processes with near-zero Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs) while automating testing and providing complete data resiliency with the confidence of one-click recovery. Premium edition customers are also eligible for the new Veeam Ransomware Warranty, which covers the cost of data recovery, up to $5 million dollars, in the event of a ransomware or cyber attack.
“Organizations are more vulnerable than ever. Over the past twelve months, 85% of organizations were attacked at least once; up from 76% in last yeari,” said Danny Allan, CTO and Senior Vice President of Product Strategy at Veeam. “We understand IT leaders feel they aren’t sufficiently protected and as IT environments continue to grow more complex and demanding, it’s now obvious that Modern Data Protection must be integrated into the overall cyber preparedness plan. The Veeam Data Platform brings the best of Veeam solutions together to deliver a single platform with relentless security, reliable data recovery and trusted data freedom, and is designed to give our customers the choice to leverage the right solution that fits their needs and keeps their business running.”
New features to help you better protect your data
The Veeam Data Platform editions utilize the most up-to-date and advanced backup and recovery technology of VBR v12 as its basis. It includes new features that enhance recovery capabilities, such as:
- Direct-to-object storage backups - Send backups directly to Veeam’s broad ecosystem of object storage partners on-premises with the performance needed to meet goals or backup your edge locations directly to cloud object storage.
- Trusted immutability for every workload - Ensure backups can always be restored after a cyberattack with comprehensive, enterprise-grade immutability options from trusted vendors, including on-premises object, block and file storage, hardened repositories and deduplicating storage appliances, cloud object storage and tape.
- Advanced cyber resiliency - Enable the fastest response to ransomware attacks by identifying, alerting and restoring only clean data, including automation and proven recovery orchestration for all workloads.
- Hybrid cloud optimization - Achieve even greater efficiency and security across the hybrid cloud with immutable backups for cloud-native AWS and Microsoft Azure workloads, new cloud-integrated agents for lift-and-shift workloads, and unified cloud monitoring and reporting.
- Ecosystem excellence - Includes Veeam Universal Storage API 2.0 and NEW Smart Object Storage API, which provides even more future-proofing for enterprise scalability and offsite resiliency.
- Recovery orchestration - Automated, orchestrated recovery to Microsoft Azure, instant restore of Veeam Agents backups as virtual machines (VMs), and an automated recovery rollback for clean, ransomware-free data recoveries.
- Ransomware warranty - A commitment to Veeam customers that in the event of a ransomware attack, Veeam will cover the cost of data recovery, up to $5 million dollars. For eligible users, the Veeam Ransomware Warranty includes a 30-minute support service level agreement (SLA), a dedicated support account manager, quarterly health checks for best-practice operations, and optional design and installation services through a Veeam Accredited Service Provider.
From enhanced security to cloud to enterprise-grade management, Veeam's advancements in their Data Platform ensure confidence in the face of disaster or cyber attack.
Learn more about Veeam’s latest features and enhancements for Veeam Backup & Replication v12, the foundation of the Veeam Data Platform at VLCM’s 2023 IT eXchange on March 22 at the Mountain America Expo Center! Visit their booth for a demo or attend their Breakout Session at 9:00 a.m. If you haven’t already, you can register for the free event by visiting www.vlcm.com/itx.
i Veeam Data Protection Trends Report 2023; January 17, 2023. https://vee.am/DPR23